Thursday, June 9, 2011

Best Wrinkle Cream For Your Face - Here's What to Look For

The best wrinkle cream for your face has to be the best for any part of your body, because what's more important than your face?

The only exception to that rule would be the area right around your eyes -- it's so sensitive that a specialized eye cream is well worth it.

But it's important to know what to look for. It's so easy to waste a lot of money on wrinkle cream. I say this from firsthand experience. For years, I spent too much to fend off any lines or wrinkles from my face and take care of my dry skin. Sometimes it was because the person who cut my hair recommended it as "professional quality" and sometimes it was because the famous brand name and great advertising sold me on the product.

Whatever sold me on the product, no matter what the price, the results were pretty much the same. Except for decent moisturizing, they didn't do a thing.

In recent years, there have been great improvements in skin care science, in my opinion.

And I've learned this: the ingredients are what to look for, not the brand name. The stuff I use is from a small company you probably never heard of. Here are some ingredients are what I suggest you do a little searching for. They're worth finding.

-- Maracuja is a passion fruit extract from Brazil. It's packed with the essential fatty acid linolenic acid, which helps to regulate the skin's production of sebum, the natural skin oil, to prevent your skin becoming either too oily or too dry.

-- Babassu is a light, natural wax made from the Babassu palm, also from Brazil. Babassu is a great, gentle natural moisturizer that has shown in clinical trials it can improve eczema, dry and inflamed skin.

-- Grapeseed Oil is a powerful antioxidant that has been been shown to reduce stretch marks on the skin. Grapeseed oil is rich in linoleic acid and natural vitamin E, and is particularly effective in repairing the delicate skin around the eyes.

-- An extract of the sea kelp from Japan called wakame, used there for many centuries both fresh and dried for its flavor as food and for its healthful benefits for the skin. The specific extract I use is called Phytessence Wakame. This is a powerful aid against wrinkles because it makes it possible for the skin to rebuild hyaluronan, or hyaluronic acid, an essential part of healthy skin that tends to be lost as we get older.

All of those nature-based ingredients are part of the wrinkle cream I use. I believe it is the best wrinkle cream for your face that you can find anywhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment