Friday, March 26, 2010

Guys Do Not Look Attractive Being Skinny

I used to be a skinny guy, standing 5ft 8, weighing below 60kg. Sometime towards the end of 2004 I met up with an ex-classmate i havent seen since we left school. Upon seeing me, she said "guys do not look attractive being skinny".

Coming from a lengthy attractive girl, her words troubled me a great deal so I started weight training. Today, my bodyweight is up by 15kg (that's 33lbs!)

This entry was submitted by HumSupKiat in response to my earlier post What was your turning point?.

Impressive. Don't you think that it's absolutely amazing how people's comments can make us go to great lengths to accomplish something? Even more interesting when it comes from someone from the opposite sex.

Always make it a point to give positive comments (or negative comments if you're close enough with that person) on someone's physique and always be tactful about it. You may not want to do it to a total stranger and risk getting hit in the face.

To summarise:

If not for the troubling words from his friend, HumSupKiat would never be where he was today. That's what I call... a turning point. When you get there.. you'll know, and you'll never look back.

Josh Stone, also known as DM, is the author behind the site http://www.dailymuscle.com which offers the author's personal views on real-life fitness, bodybuilding, sports nutrition, cardio, fat loss, training information, and on all things that surrounds fitness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment